Cu siguranta va fi mereu cineva interesat de Alitalia... easyJet, Lufthansa sunt doar cativa. EasyJet Renews Interest in Alitalia
Italy’s Industry Minister, Stefano Patuanelli, yesterday outlined what we should expect from the “new” Alitalia:
- The government will create a new company at the beginning of June that will take over 100% of the airline
- The new airline will start with a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, compared to the current 113 aircraft; previous reports suggested the new airline could have just 30 planes, but that’s not the case
- The new airline will work with unions to make sure as many people stay employed as possible
- It’s undecided as of now whether the airline will remain under government control long term, or only until they get to the point where they can find a buyer
- Alitalia is considering leaving SkyTeam for another alliance (especially now that they’ve been kicked out of the transatlantic joint venture), though we’ll see if that actually happens
ch aviation FBIndigo Partners, an American private equity fund that has invested in a number of “ultra-low cost” airlines in Europe and the Americas, sent to Rome last month an expression of interest (EOI) in ITA Airways.